MEK Inhibitors Market to Create Opportunities in the Field of Oncology
- Development of MEK inhibitors can serve as a new therapy to treat various malignancies. MEK inhibitors is a small molecule that inhibits mitogen-activated extracellular signal-regulated kinase. MEK inhibitors decrease the growth of tumor in people with metastatic melanoma by hindering the activity of MEK and BRAF kinases.
- MEK inhibitors is a selective inhibitor of the MAPK pathways. It targets a non-ATP site of the Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAP kinases). MAP kinases is a Serine/Threonine phosphorylating enzymes. MAP kinases is also known as Extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs). Aberrant signaling through the MAPK pathway can cause cancer.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our MEK Inhibitors Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global MEK Inhibitors Market
- Continuous clinical trials and studies on MEK inhibitors as a new treatment option in the field of oncology is expected to propel the MEK inhibitors market during the forecast period. Due to promising results of MEK inhibitors in skin cancer, researchers are actively involved in R&D on MEK inhibitors to expand its application to other invasive cancer indications, such as colorectal cancer. MEK inhibitors is under phase 3 study for the treatment of patients suffering from the metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Rise in awareness about new treatment options and increase in incidences of melanoma across the globe are contributing to the growth of the global MEK inhibitors market. According to the American Institute for Cancer Research, in 2018, 300,000 new cases of skin cancer were reported.
- High target affinity and specificity is another factor, which is expected to propel the MEK inhibitors market during the forecast period. Furthermore, product approval is a major driver for the global MEK inhibitors market.
- In January 2019, ONO PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD. received manufacturing and marketing approval for MEKTOVI MEK inhibitors in Japan for the treatment of metastatic melanoma with BRAFV600 mutations
- Stringent regulations on new therapeutics development and adverse effects of MEK inhibitors, such as rash, diarrhea, peripheral edema, fatigue, and dermatitis acneiform are likely to restrict the global MEK inhibitors market in the next few years
MEKINIST to Witness High Demand
- On the basis of product, the global MEK inhibitors market can be divided into MEKINIST, COTELLIC, and MEKTOVI. The global MEL inhibitors market is driven by demand of MEKINIST. Combination therapy offers potent anti-tumor effects. Combination therapy helps to inhibit the BRAF kinase activity and the MEK1/MEK2 activity simultaneously.
- Combination therapy has been approved for the treatment of adults suffering from metastatic melanoma with a BRAFv600 mutation
Retail Pharmacies Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of distribution channel, the global MEK inhibitors market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- Growth of the retail pharmacies segment can be attributed to the increase in the number of retail pharmacies across the globe and easy availability of small molecule MEK inhibitors at these stores
- Moreover, availability of MEK inhibitors at specialty pharmacy stores in the U.S. and anticipated launch of new MEK inhibitors during the forecast period are likely to propel the growth of the retail pharmacies segment during the forecast period
Pre Book Full Report Now @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=72851<ype=S